Sunday, March 8, 2009

N is for Nerd, Me

I find myself getting extremely excited about things then quickly forgetting them. After a few months or weeks pass by, I "remember" such prior things I was excited about, and discover them again. I won't say re-discover because I have such terrible memory that most times, I really don't remember coming across them before. It's kind of sad. Such things can include musicians, people, artists, memories, items I have, and this blog. I forgot I even wrote that last entry, which is funny to me. Well, to follow-up on it: my fork got banged up and unfortunately, bent in my accident. It's all fixed up now, and maybe soon (definitely eventually) I will buy a new fork in the future, because it's just the standard Bianchi fork that came with the frame for the Pista. Bryan got me bullhorns and hit it up with white bar tape, looks really new. I guess the right word would be "fresh". It reminds me of shiny, white, luminescent teeth. Yeah...

I just got into another accident last week but this time I was standing. On my feet, no bike. Some guy sent his longboard launching in my direction, to have my ankle and shin area to be used as fleshly safety cushion to stop his skateboard. It really fucking sucked. The area above my ankle turned into what appeared to be a bigger, larger ankle within five minutes. It has been a couple weeks and I still have a bandage on the area, on and off. I have a fragment of bone floating in my foot now and some other "abnormal" reading along with it from the X-Ray results.

It's funny that I come back to this blog again during finals, and in a similar situation. My German final is coming up, I passed with flying colors on my oral exam (to speak in German for 10 minutes) but thinking of the 7-page written makes me sweat.

I got an A- on my Savonarola research paper I mentioned before, and now I am currently doing a research paper on King Charles I as art patron and collector, mostly his influence on Daniel Mytens (courtly painter), and the negative impact accumulated by Nationalists in his upkeeping with a wordly, contemporary, trans-European collection.

I met with my teacher last week on doing my honors thesis (if approved) but I think I will. I am doing it on the relation and influence of the works (mainly writings and theories) of Owen Jones on William Morris's art theories applied to his...well, art, duh. I just read what appears to be an obvious sexual connotation in that caption for the illuminated manuscript William Morris did, what the fuck. The truth of the situation is that it is a Medieval subject/lyric taken from John Ball. It still sounds like a lyric from a Crass song. Art is cool sometimes (see image).

I am applying to intern at Mount Vernon over the summer. $3000 stipend is probably underpaying, but any amount of money sounds awesome to me. Also I have been recently informed of a familial hook-up at the Met, sweet. I hope everything will work out for me in the long run, because I am trying my best. I think people have been starting to notice my efforts, and that is awesome. When I graduate in June there is a departmental ceremony equipped with awards given out to a few exemplar students in the department. There is a chairperson award, service to the UAM (I have been interning there for two years, if I don't get that one then I will do the "W" for "Whatever" gesture to the department), among others. Seriously. I hope I get something.

Sidenote: It's funny everything is about art. The planet of Nerdentia, Population: Me.


P.S. Fuck da time change

No comments: